Thread: Line Combos: The full forward healthy line-up.
View Single Post
Old
02-13-2011, 01:06 AM
Dekar

vCash: 500
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn

It's been shown they have chemistry, and Kostitsyn doesn't seem to have much chemistry with any centre outside of Plekanec (Derek Boogaard would have chemistry with Plex, so...). Cammy and Plex play together because it's just natural to have your best goal scorer with your best playmaker.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Pouliot

I'm a firm believer that Patches and Double D should not be separated. They have some kind of Bulldog telepathy going on, and we've seen proof that Pouliot's scoring sense fits Double D's ability to find the shooters wherever they are.

White-Gomez-Gionta

I like White, and I think his compete level is where it needs to be for him to deserve a roster spot, and his talents are better used somewhere other than the 4th line. Gomez and Gionta just know each other well enough that no matter how bad Gomer's been playing, you'll see flashes of it here and there, and it'll be a good thing whenever it does show.

Pyatt-Halpern-Darche

This is the horse line. Sorry Moen, you need some motivation, and nothing spells motivation like a stint in the AHL for a seasoned NHL vet.

Eller also hits the Dogs, and for all the same reasons we've been saying for days and weeks. He needs the Patches treatment where he needs to show he can dominate the AHL first and learn all forward positions so he can be as diverse as possible, since the centre position seems plugged up in Montreal, and he wasn't able to earn it over Desharnais. In an ideal world, I'd like to give Gomez a motivational stint in the AHL too, but chances are someone would grab him off waivers, plus he's too well-liked in the locker room (he told me so himself, trust me ), so Eller must take the bus west.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote