View Single Post
Old
02-13-2011, 05:58 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... Don't mean any offense here, but I've gotta think that every single opponent the Kings face knows exactly what you've mentioned here, and specifically tries to put bodies in the way to stop it - in fact, structuring their whole defense around it. The other teams aren't stupid. They know that the only truly scary forward the Kings have is Anze, and they're going to do everything to shut him down. If Anze had linemates that could do real damage with the open ice they consistently see from game to game, that would help, but so far it's been few and far between where that has actually been the case.
Why would I be offended? It's just a different opinion
Better linemates would certainly help, who could argue that? I'm just saying there are other teams with only one "star" or whatever you wanna call it. They don't have it any easier but they still find a way to be an impact. Nash, Iginla a few years ago, Gaborik, Kovalchuk (maybe not this year), Parise... Maybe it's unfair to compare Kopitar to those guys but when he's having a good stretch of games I'd say he's definitely in their league. I want to see that more often and I don't think he really need great linemates to do it, I believe he has it in him. It's just a matter of somehow unleashing that beast within.

BigBrown is online now   Reply With Quote