View Single Post
Old
02-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan123 View Post
Yeah cause Butler and a second is going to get McDonald from St. loius Basically our garbage for their center. This isn't nhl2012. Also the guy has had two concussions in the last two years missing almost 30 games this year and a broken ankle last year. You want him? This is the alternative to Spezza? Face Palm.
Would you relax. You must've skipped the part where I said the value in it for St. Louis would be the cap relief. Or the part where I said McDonald wasn't ideal, but would certainly be high-risk, high-reward. I don't post pipedream trade scenarios--i.e., Roy for Spezza--and I do my best to keep it realistic.

St. Louis is on the verge of missing the playoffs for the second straight season after most thought they were going to be a perennial power following their great finish in 2008-09. The Blues would be wise to at least consider reallocating McDonald's $4.7 cap hit to other places in the lineup, especially considering they have several good centers already--Backes, Perron, Berglund, McClement, and Oshie can play there, as well. I laid out my case for why the Blues may be willing to move him. If they're not willing, then they're not willing. Far be it from me to criticize a team unwilling to alter an otherwise unsuccessful core.

Oh, and unlike Spezza, McDonald's GM hasn't told the press that he's not being traded. So whose scenario is unrealistic?

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote