View Single Post
Old
02-13-2011, 12:51 PM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Not lazier, but I have said for weeks now that some guys need to be benched for even a period to send a message. Leino has made many high risk turnovers by being lazy at the blueline or trying to much. Nodl with his weak play on the boards and his slam on the breaks entering off zone and turnover cause he is afraid to skate puck all the way in. Z has a fantastic game, makes 1-2 bad plays next game, benched ! Our PP has been pathetic, yet our mist highly skilled player has never been given a chance ??

If it has come to making a line of Carbomb-Nodl-JVR, make a ****ing trade and bring in players Lavy will use properly.
Re: PP chance, Zherdev was given a PP chance during the 2nd period of the game against Carolina and blew ass and then we scored 2 PP goals in the 3rd.

Also, I think you are mistakenly characterizing errors by Nodl and Leino as "laziness." I mean, Leino's made some mistakes recently, but that guy works his ass off, especially on the backcheck. And Nodl blows open nets, but the guy busts his ass hard, you don't see those guys coasting.

Zherdev does not forecheck well and is still a really iffy defensive player. But it's more the forechecking that bugs me. That line with JVR was a freaking handful and now that he's gone, they don't forecheck with nearly the same efficiency because Zherdev won't engage in the dirty areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
I would just roll Carcillo - Richards - Nodl or something until we can do something on wing for Richie. He's a swiss army knife so why not just lean on him defensively at even strength like you said and use him on the PP. The other 2 lines have more than enough fire power
Yeah, and it seems like Richie puts up points no matter who he's playing with. Even this year, has has no right to be on pace for 75 points considering the revolving door of linemates he's had. I mean, he has more points than Briere and I think we can all agree that Briere has been great.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote