View Single Post
Old
02-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
Kaberle was there before BB, though.

Phaneuf was never a good puck mover, he was a major turnover factory in Cgy, that's why they dealt him. The whole league knew Phaneuf was crap. He just lived off his rep from his earlier years.
There's no doubt that he struggled last year before he was dealt but his first few years were great. At the very least I'd have expected some improvement. He's still in his early 20s. But instead, he's worse than ever.
Quote:
We knew Komi was on a long, slow and painful downward spiral...
He's another guy I thought would bounce back. Again, he's worse than ever.
Quote:
And Giggy is known as being extremely inconsistent, at best.
Not exactly Brodeur, but again... I thought he'd be better than he's been.
Quote:
The only deal he made, which surprised me, was Beuchemin. I thought he'd be much better.

Kessel is pretty much, Kessel. I always thought he was who he is now. If not for Savards sweet passes, he never would had gotten the totals he did in Boston, IMO.
I thought both guys would be better but with Kessel i wouldn't have made that deal either. He can be part of a winning team but he's not the kind of player that you build your foundation around.

Anyways, Burke got the worst out of each one of those players. I guess it's payback for the ridiculous luck he had in Anaheim.
Quote:
Burke GM's like he's playing PS3. He did the same in Vancouver, and drove that team into the ground, and then sat his fat behind on it, so it had no chance to get back up.
Be fair, he got them the Sedins and I think he brought in Luongo too didn't he?
Quote:
His success in Ana was mostly pure luck. Pronger fell into his lap, as did Neidermeyer. Most of the rest of the key pieces were already there for him.
Totally agree. And you forgot Selanne who inexplicably turned back into a 50 goal scorer after years of suckage.
Quote:
Burke sucks.
He certainly hasn't looked good in TO.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote