View Single Post
Old
07-18-2005, 01:57 AM
swinginutter*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40
being a wing fan, ur first statement is untrue, schneider might have been our best or 2nd best offensive defensemen, but he was pretty damn good at defense, at times better then niklas...

a plus 22 compared to lids plus 19.... he is able to play defense just not gritty
Thank you for coming to the board and sorting some of these guys out. I've been saying the same thing about Schneider for a long time now, and was sad to seem him go. Glad we got Avery out of it, but i'd still take Schneider over Blake any day of the week. Rob Blake doesn't throw his ass around like he use to, and if some people think Blake's D is better than Schneider.....I really don't know what games you're watching. Tell you the truth I want neither at this point and time, but if I had a choice it would be Schneider, and money probably wouldn't be an issue, as he's already taken a pay cut in the past with us. Blake would probably want more money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
That's fine, but in his time in L.A., Mattieu was atrocious in his own end. Constantly giving the puck away in the slot...constantly taking dumb penalties...

Over the course of his career, Schneider has had a bad +-.
And Blake?
Schneider at least had the word "nasty" in his vocabulary. He played with an edge. Blake use to give bone-jarring hits, but even before we had dealt him, that was something of his past. I like both players, but both should be part of our past. If we want to bring an ex-King back on D.....I'll take Alex Zhitnik.