Thread: Proposal: Oilers - Kings
View Single Post
Old
02-13-2011, 06:36 PM
vindogla

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
That is interesting, and one I think Oilers woud do in a heartbeat. Schenn of course isn't in the NHL yet so you knoever know, but to be honest Paajarvi at times looks lost playing at the NHL. Schenn tried to stick but could not make LA and got sent down to junior. So value is close. Both top 10 picks in 2009 at #5 and #10. WJC is overrated and if someone tries to make a case here for Schenn due to this, then someone could just as well say had the Oilers allowed Paajarvi to play for Sweden he could have gone beasting.

But what tips the scale is Oilers need a potential top 2 line center prospect BAD. LA can use a potential top 2 line winger.

It is a fit.
Schenn will be a beast and everyone already wants him on their team, even if he still is in juniors.

Look at his brother. His brother helped his little brother become the player he is. Even now he must be helping him grow to be an NHL'er.

Many teams would be happy to take a risk and trade a roster player now for a future stud. I'm sure many have offered.

I would be shocked if DL would move him until he's had another year to "season" and show what his developmental timeline might be.

Also: Schenn is the property of the Kings - bwahahahaha

vindogla is offline   Reply With Quote