View Single Post
Old
10-10-2003, 04:06 PM
Hab-a-maniac

vCash: 500
After what we've seen, it would befuddle me to see people who believe veterans are the key. Hey, look. If we can sprinkle a young one or two on the top 2 lines and a couple on defense, it'll be much approved. There's still other veterans. We just need to cut down our average age from the 29 or so it hovers at to 26 or 27.
Guys I want to see a lot of this year over a tiresome vet in brackets (). It doesn't matter if we miss the post-season because with our young blood I can say confidently that we can make the playoffs the next year once those guys have had some experience. Gainey knows and he'll do the right thing instead of filling in gaps with vets that create more problems (ala Savard):
Higgins (Perreault)
Ryder (Audette)
Ward (Juneau-just sick of him, Dackell I can stand)
As for D:
Komisarek (Quintal)
Hainsey (Brisebois)
I'm sure of all the vets, maybe one or two will make to next year (I'm guessing Dackell and Quintal)
Then we can see in about 2 years down the road, guys like Perezhogin, Katsitsyn, Ferland, Locke and Beauchemin getting to overtake our other useless vets like Quintal, Dackell, maybe Sundstrom, Dwyer and I don't see Begin being around. Lots of competition for those open spots. And by then, the team can decide which projects have failed and can be moved; that's Ryder, Ribeiro, Ward, Hossa.
And BTW, watching this Bruins game-their defense is even worse than ours. T. Bay is all over them and they're no Ottawa.