View Single Post
Old
02-13-2011, 09:48 PM
goonx

vCash: 500
Advice for how to start?

Hey,

I'm really interested in getting into hockey but I never got the chance to play when I was younger. Now that i'm 22, I really want to start playing some shinny next year and some (safe) contact hockey two years down the road.

Right now, I would call myself an decent skater but there's a lot of things i need to work on. Backward skating, backward cross overs and stops for the most part. I do see myself being able to skate pretty well and i'm a very agile kind of guy. I go to an outdoor drink 3times a week to work on my skating. The difference from when I started to now is day and night.

As for stick handling, I have zerooo. I picked up a hockey stick twice in my life and I recently just got a stick and a ball for practice. Haven't practiced yet though.

I think I want to model my game after P.Kane or St. Louis. I'm a small guy myself 5'8 but i feel like if I work hard enough, I can get the skating speed and skills I need to play at an amateur/rec level.

Any tips and advice on where how i can start to bring myself to the next level? I live in Toronto

Last edited by goonx: 02-13-2011 at 09:55 PM.
goonx is offline   Reply With Quote