View Single Post
Old
02-14-2011, 04:59 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Official Glen Sather trade deadline quote book thread

Not sure if this should be in the trade speculation thread or not.

It's not everyday Sather tells us his thoughts. Seems Brooks got some info from Sather on background. Don't quote me but these are my thoughts.

Quote:
"The last few weeks have made it a little more difficult to evaluate because first we had all those injuries and now with the guys coming back we've lost our rhythm," GM Glen Sather told The Post after the match.

"I think we have enough depth in the organization where if a move would make sense we would probably do that now.

"But I'm not going to give up a valuable piece. I don't think that makes any sense."
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...-rss&FEEDNAME=

LB added the Rangers are in the market to rent for PP QB/PP shot and could explore a rental at center. They won't yield a valuable asset.

Brooks referred to Kaberle as a poor defender not worth valuable assets.

They won't pursue Weiss and Spezza or a center signed past this season because the Rangers believe they will sign Richards as a free agent on July 1.

Brooks added Sather could be interested in sending a #2 to NJ for Jason Arnott.

Sather tried to acquire Arnott from Nashville last June before the Debbies got him. Nashville wanted Ryan McDonagh and Sather balked. Sather had Arnott in Edmonton and traded him after Arnott fathered a child out of wedlock which sent small town Edmonton into a tizzy.

Last edited by RangerBoy: 02-19-2011 at 07:59 AM.
RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote