View Single Post
Old
02-14-2011, 11:09 AM
I am the Liquor
Fire Mact

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Once again, who cares about what happened 43 years ago? Or even 10 years ago? Recent success matters. Like I said, if you want to just include past glory, the Leafs are the second best team in NHL history and the Ottawa Senators in one way are right up there as well. Does that make sense?

I give you kudos on your cup run in 2006, but as I also mentioned, that came as an 8th seed and as i recall correctly, you guys were outside the playoffs that year at the trade deadline when you made a deal to get Dwayne Roloson. How was your 2006 season any different than our 2011 to this point? You had one weakness, you addressed it, and went on a shocking run. We have one weakness (goalscorer). If we address it, why can't we do the same?

Or was your 2006 cup run because of Gretzky, Messier, kurri, etc?

Get into the new millenium buddy.
I just find it funny that a fan of a team that has done nothing for 42 of their 43 year existence would poke fun at a struggling team.

How old were you when the Kings went to the finals?

Fact is your team has done squat, pretty much ever, so spare me the tee time talk, until you have something to brag about ok?

As far as trading Schenn goes, if I were a Kings fan, I would be dead set against it. If Lombardi trades Schenn, he needs to go, straight up. That being said your core is kind of spread out demographically. If it were up to me the core would be pared down to Kopitar, Schenn, JJ, Doughty, along with pieces like Clifford, Simmonds and Quick/Bernier. The rest of the team is expendable.

I would then filter in some of the other nice prospects over the next few years.

Going for it now at the expense of those prospects and/or Schenn would be stupid.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote