View Single Post
Old
02-14-2011, 12:29 PM
snapabrahamsnap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Poile's draft history.

1998- 4 Forwards, 3 Defensemen and one dude they don't have a position listing for
1999- 7 F, 5 D, 2 Goalies and one dude with no position listing
2000- 6 F, 5 D, 1 G
2001- 5 F, 4 D
2002- 4 F, 2 D, 1 G
2003- 4 F, 6 D, 2 G
2004- 5 F, 4 D, 2 G
2005- 3 F, 4 D
2006- 4 F, 1 G
2007- 5 F, 2 D, 2 G
2008- 3 F, 2 D, 2 G
2009- 7 F, 3 D
2010- 4 F, 2 D

Totals- 61 F, 43 D, 12 G

15 Forwards have played for us or elsewhere in the NHL

12 Defensemen have done the same

2 Goalies have made it. I didn't count Deks for his one game as a backup

116 players drafted, 29 have played for us. That's exactly 25%. That is not including any of the prospects in our system that have been drafted that have yet to debut for us at this time. Guys like Blum, Josi, Ellis and Beck. Those 4 seem to be on the path. Guys like Latta, Budish, Watson, Pickard, Cehlin and some others have shots but don't seem to have the high ceiling. Then there's COR, Engren and some more that have shots as well.

Other than Finley, every other 1st rounder has made it. Blum, Ellis and Watson haven't yet but from all accounts should be in the NHL at some point. Watson I'm on the fence about. So even if Watson doesn't make it, that's 10 out of 13 guys from the first round making it. I put Pickard as not making it either. That's not a bad percentage at the end of the day.

We've had 5 second rounders make it.

I could go on about this but I'm tired of this to be quite honest. I have other things I need to be doing right now. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but if someone wants to do the research on Atlanta, Columbus and Minnesota and see how they've faired in the same time frame I'd be real interested to see the results.
I don't watch a lot of Predator games. I came to this thread looking for information on Austin Watson who I have in a fantasy keeper league. Anyways I started reading some of these posts and I thought this one was good. If you look at drafts they can be crapshoots for anyone. The amount of players who don't make it into the NHL is quite high. In other words I think Poile has done quite well.

Anyways I was reading up on my boy Watson today to discover that he has scored goals in six straight games. It looks like he's in the grove right now and hopefully he can keep it up. If he can keep his goal scoring up without comprimising his solid two way play he could turn out to be a pretty good pick.

Last edited by snapabrahamsnap: 02-14-2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: mispelt
snapabrahamsnap is offline   Reply With Quote