View Single Post
Old
02-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
About McDonaugh, I didn't really see him as NHL-ready when I went to the Bell Centre a few weeks ago. He would probably be in Hamilton if he was still in the Habs organization.

I still don't understand what Timmins saw in him to draft that high. He'S going to be decent, but most probably not top-4 material and almost no offensive upside in his game.
You are extremely misinformed. I have watched McDonagh play every game this year and this kid is going to be nothing short of a stud. His skating is absolutely top notch and his defense is already great. He honestly looks almost as good as Girardi and he's a rookie.

I realize Habs fans will always be annoyed with that trade but McD would be top 4 on almost any team right now with his play, let alone after he develops. This kid has all the makings of becoming another Marc Staal esque d-man or even better. He is super young, in his first year as a pro and is already proving that he can play at a high level in the NHL.

He also logs nearly 20 mins a game. This kid is awesome and is honestly one of the best prospects the rangers have right now, if not the best. That is saying a lot because i think extremely highly of a couple of the young kids in the system. McD will be a cornerstone on the Ranger defense for the next decade+

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote