Old
02-14-2011, 04:25 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
and Poulins save pct was still better, thats the point and Poulin still had a worse defense in front of him in Bridgeport. youre entire argument doesnt hold water, thats the point

even if we throw out the bad start for Markstrom, Poulin's performance on the worse team was better

so you need to get a clue, I know Rochester was bad, Bridgeport was even worse......We took 5 defensemen off that team because of our injuries
And how many Dmen have we taken from Rochester? Your replies are the ones that hold no water. You keep talking about Bridgeport being so much worse, yet Rochester only has four more wins. Gee, we really are a powerhouse AHL team Again, you want to use stats as your only comparison, but fail to take into account everything that surrounds the two players, which is wrong Mr Simpson. You cant just compare two players without taking everything into consideration, unless you want to alter the truth, which you are trying to do Mr Simpson. You want to compare them the right way, then you compare Poulin's stats in the A this year versus Markstrom's season last year at Brynas. Poulin played in the Q then the A in his professional career, which are both NA styles and rinks, while Markstrom played in the SEL for his professional career.

Its nice that you have a great goaltending prospect in Poulin, and from seeing him play, I think he will make a fine NHL goaltender, but quit trying to downplay one of the top prospects in the world because of what he did to start his professional career in NA. What you fail to see is how much the kid has improved since his rough start. I know, thats difficult to see from a box score.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote