View Single Post
Old
02-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Chalfdiggity3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Allen and Hejda (and possibly Wideman) will cost a lot to get (for a rental). And Montador isn't any better than Vandermeer. If you think he's total ****, then you are wrong. He's good at everything, great at nothing, and is a solid NHL defenseman.
Sorry zues, i think your the only one advocating to get vandermeer. I completly disagree with you observation or what you were told of vandermeer. The guy has tremendously slow footspeed. you thought malik was slow? he has no offense, and doesnt even have solid defensive positioning. He would be thrown into the doghouse in the first 2 periods. I will admit i like his toughness and he does give up the body, whether its blocking a shot or fighting someone.

yea i said that they would actually cost something but having someone of Allens or Phillips stature on the backend but it would seriously solidify our defense.

If Phillips finds his game again here he would be HUGE! If he doesnt hes still a great 3-4dman but he will cost a couple of solid assets.

Allen i believe would come at a perfect price for what he is worth. Hes a very undervalued dman that can do it all. With McCabe and Wideman there he doesnt get the credit he deserves. He would fit perfectly for what we want and would be cheap to get.

Montador is a very capable dman of playing 15min a night with Eminger that can add alittle of everything and is solid in his own end. They can both log 15min a night, which eases back the time of Staal and Girardi back to around 22-23min rather than 30, they would block shots, and play on the PP or PK.

I dont think Allen and Montador would cost as much as your thinking. I would say a 2nd and a player like Weiss/Dupont

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote