View Single Post
Old
02-14-2011, 07:46 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... I'd be very disappointed to see Brown leave the Kings. While I think that, at the time, Brown was chosen as Captain pretty much by default, I do think he's growing into the role year by year.

As a player, I think that if people just learned to accept that Brown is who he is, and not expect him to be an elite power forward, they would find his scoring droughts a lot easier to deal with.

He's going through a tough time right now, but the team is winning. That's the definition of a team - guys picking up other guys. Brown will get going again soon. He'll get back to basics, and find some of the bounces going his way again. I'm not worried about him at all.
Pretty much my thoughts as well.

Hypothetically, I'm not against trading anyone. So if Brown was the main piece to a trade for a Parise or Nash I'd be fine with it. But if it was more of a lateral move, say for a David Backes, I don't see the point even though I think Backes is the better player. Trading Brown wouldn't be a popular move in the locker room and must be factored in to any move. Bringing back a guy like Parise could overcome that downside but anything less than an elite player and it wouldn't make sense.

I just hope Brown goes back to simplifying his game and goes back to the bulldog mentality he used to bring consistently. I think it will take both Lombardi and Murray talking to him about it though because contrary to a common opinion, the leadership starts there and not with the captain and Brown, as he should, follows their lead and does what he's told. He'll always be a somewhat frustrating offensively but with the simplification he'll find more consistency.