View Single Post
Old
07-18-2005, 06:30 PM
jfont

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt
Honestly. I don't care about making the playoffs. I care about one thing: winning a Cup. Actually I care about two things: winning a Cup and developing the kids to win those Cups.

If I'm PA I'm looking at the long-term and the way to make the Kings a long-term financial success (chase next year's dollars instead of chase tomorrow's dollars) is to develop the kids.

And I certainly don't think playing the kids would guarantee a Cup in the future. But history tells us that not one single Cup winner has built their team any other way. They haven't done it by trading for a 27 yr old Palffy and they haven't done it by signing a 30 yr old Demitra. That's just not how Cups have been won and I don't think the Kings will be the first-ever team to do it. Yeah, I could be wrong...but those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.
even if the kings open up a couple of roster spots for the kids like cammy and brown, they still need to sign some UFAs to fill the roster.

frolov-conroy-cammy
luc(UFA)-army-klatt
cowan-belanger-avery
brown-pirnes-RW

unless you're satisfied with kotsopoulus and barney to fill the roster, kings will be short and need some UFAs to fill the roster.

edit: added conroy...duh!

Last edited by jfont: 07-18-2005 at 06:43 PM.