View Single Post
Old
02-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim8778 View Post
As a Ranger fan, these statements are more than a little ridiculous. He has been good for us, but not more than that. This is the reason that so many people are killing Del Zotto right now. People saw what they wanted to see and ignored his mistakes. This led to many people expecting too much. I think that this may be happening to some extent with McDonagh and Sauer. People see the good things they do, but ignore some of the bad things that they see. This only leads to expectations that will not and cannot be met.
McDonagh and Sauer should be in no way compared to Del Zotto. Both have been more than capable d-men and need to work on there offensive game.

Del Zotto's defensive game was awful this year and actually regressed this year. To compare there games is asinine.

I dunno what games you've been watching but Sauer and McD have both been very capable top 4 d-men this year.

Maybe i went a little overboard saying that McD would be a top 4 on many teams but i guarantee this kid is going to be a stud in the NHL. Maybe not an elite d-man (ala pronger) but someone who can definitely handle top pairing minutes.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote