View Single Post
Old
02-15-2011, 12:40 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Respectfully disagree. Getting nobody at the deadline is another year where management simply refuses to see the Kings progress as a team. Getting someone signed for longer than the end of the season should be the goal.
This is exactly what I was about to post. A lot of these deals you are seeing so far this deadline is because the players aren't just rentals. I think every player so far as at least one more year on their contract. These teams are making trades to get better not only this year, but for the future. If the Kings can get a player that fits with the team, makes the team better this year and beyond then IMO it's worth the 1st and 3rd or whatever. As long as we don't have to sell the farm, or a major roster player, who cares? At some point, you need to start using picks and prospects to make your team better for the present and the future. I think Kings fans are just so stuck in the mentality of picks being so important because that's all we've had to live for recently (or ever really). Wouldn't a sure bet 2nd line player (or better) signed for a few more years be better than a middle to late first round pick in a very weak draft?

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote