Thread: Confirmed with Link: Preds acquire Fisher
View Single Post
Old
02-15-2011, 07:34 AM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
In a world of greedy SOB's, I have to give kudos to Bryan Murray. Not very often that a GM will do the right thing and get the player to the place they would like to be at. I seriously doubt any of the offers on the table were that much more grand than what we paid to get Fisher. To trade a late first round pick to get a guy who fits our system, locker room and community for the next 2+ years is a small price to pay. This isn't a rental, it's a longer term fit. If it were for this year only, I could see it being an overpayment but this guy reeks of everything that our team needs.

One play he made the other night that stands out was extremely simple but shows the knowledge in his game. Weber pinched and the puck went back to the point, who was there, Fisher. He fit in seamlessly. I know it's a simple play and most NHL guys should know to do this but a guy playing his first game with a new team making the right read and covering was impressive in my book. It's those little things, intangibles, that win games and championships. Not saying we're gonna win the Cup because of just that but it sure makes me worry less knowing we've got strong play up the middle now with Fisher.

If Lombardi can make it back next year, and that's a big if, we have 3 of the fastest centers that play solid two way games up the middle and in that, Trotz can match up with teams at home but more importantly, on the road.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote