View Single Post
Old
07-19-2005, 02:28 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
If true, I wouldn't mind having Allison back as long as he could play and contribute for 70+ games. Hopefully the extended time off has helped him recover from his injuries, but I would still be hesitant in giving him a solid, guaranteed contract.

Obviously for a player like Allison (or Lindros), the guaranteed money will be lower than what a player of their caliber would sign for. Their contracts would include many various incentives ranging from the number of games played to points amassed, and a player like Allison would be worth the money (if he can fulfill them and is 100% healthy). It's a risky move, but it could very well pay off. It isn't often you find a player of Allison's abilities available, and he was the best center the Kings have had since Gretzky.

And if you take a look at what is out there to sign as a FA, there really aren't many options better than Allison. Keep in mind that he is also still 30 years old. The only other option at C that I would consider is Pavol Demitra. I'm not even going to suggest Forsberg because he is going to remain with the Avalanche.