View Single Post
Old
02-15-2011, 01:17 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
Hemsky or Booth or Versteeg or anyone better than Trevor Lewis makes us a better team.

You can always know how this team is doing by the threads. You would never see a thread pop up like this in the midst of a 4-game losing streak. Just because you are winning doesn't mean you still don't have a weakness in the top 6.

We have scored 12 goals on this 6-game road trip thus far. If it wasn't for Quick, Bernier and the defense this would be a disaster.

We get shut-out by Minnie and get a point, a loser point for scoring one in Pittsburgh, and a win scoring one goal in Philly.

We only beat edmonton because the PP showed up. Played decent against Calgary and got a win, same for Washington.

Scoring goals is still an issue despite the run we are on, and I still expect it to be addressed. Quick and the defense are coming through right now...we aren't going to be as lucky in the playoffs scoring only 2 goals per game.
I created this thread and I can guarantee you that if we had lost 10 in a row, I'd have posted the same thing. That cost on Versteeg is an overpayment and LA isn't in the position of a Vancouver or a Philly where an overpayment can be justified as possibly being the final piece of a cup run. There is no way Versteeg, Booth, Penner, etc are the final piece LA needs for a cup run.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote