View Single Post
Old
07-19-2005, 03:42 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
That is a fair package, but you will never get it. Who would Crosby pass to on his LW? Radovan Somik? Donald Brashear? I doubt Philly deals for Crosby, anyway. We gave up the farm last time we traded for "The Next One."
Gagne, Niitymaki, Radivojevic, and a first isn't quite what Philly gave up in the Lindros deal. Gagne is very good but will never be a superstar, Robert Esche is a good young goalie (Beauchemin is coming up nicely, too), and Radivojevic's potential is a 2nd liner, at best. It's not exactly "the farm", if you ask me. As far as linemates are concerned, who knows what Philly's lineup is going to look like when the season starts? Primeau, Roenick, Handzus, Crosby, Carter, Richards, Knuble, and Kapanen isn't too bad of a start in filling out your top four lines. Obviously some centers will have to be converted to wing, but there is some serious talent/potential there. Granted, I am a Phoenix fan, and I am looking at this from a Phoenix perspective. I really just like how it fills what I percieve to be the holes in our line-up:

F:
Gagne-Comrie-Doan
Nagy-Nedved-Radivojevic
Saprykin-Ricci-Johnson
Nash-Rupp-Cleary
Xtras: Chimera, Kolanos, Sjostrom

D:
Morris-Gauthier
Mara-Hulse
Tanabe-O'Donnell
Xtras: Spiller, Ballard

G: