Old
02-15-2011, 03:50 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Olli Jokinen.

DL didn't trade away a lot of prospects to be honest, his trades were more veteran for veteran, like the Murray+Stumpel for Allison and Eloranta trade, or else was adding picks/players in dumps like the Rob Blake trade.

As for Boyle, Purcell and Moulson, I don't recall to many fans being upset when they left, but now that we have hindsight it's easy to throw the darts at DL. There were plenty of people applauding DL for getting a 3rd for Boyle, and some even said it was addition by subtraction to trade away Purcell. Moulson, I doubt if anyone shed much of a tear when he left either, in fact I don't recall even one post dedicated to whether or not he should be kept.
I was one of a few posters here who said time and again that both Boyle and Moulson were treated incorrectly and that they would go on to be solid NHLers (or at least I believed so). Purcell is still a middle of the road guy but the deal that sent him to TB turned out to be a bad one for us and I had nothing to say about it. I suppose it could be argued that the TB deal was alright with Modin playing well and Halpern having the potential to have at least given an NHL effort but both points are arguable.

As to how we dealt with Moulson and Boyle, we made mistakes but it absolutely happens to every team. There were a few posters here who weren't happy about what happened with both of these kids though, of that you can be sure.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote