View Single Post
Old
02-15-2011, 04:26 PM
overpass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
I would very much like to know where they got their information about the position switching of the players mentioned. I have primary source material that places Taylor on the 2nd all-star team at center in the 19-20 season, but I don't know where he played before and when or if he ever switched.
I'm sure if you emailed Iain Fyffe he'd be happy to discuss it, especially since his history articles are probably not the most popular ones he writes. I've corresponded with him before on other subjects.

On another topic, I was reading the book "Old Scores, New Goals. The Story of the Ottawa Senators" by Joan Finnigan. It includes extensive interviews with her father and other long time hockey observers from Ottawa. This exchange with Bob Wake and (undrafted former Senator) was interesting. Has anyone ever come across this story before?

Quote:
Bob: I was in Montreal when Howie Morenz ran into the boards at the back of the rink, broke his leg, went in to the hospital, and died. And there were two stories that I heard. One was that he died because of the effects of the broken leg, which sounds odd, and the other one was that his friends brought so much alcohol into the room to him that he died of that.

Frank: I think that is right. I can't be sure. I was at the funeral in Montreal Forum that is where he was waken center ice thirty thousand people filed past, and from what I can understand, maybe he had a few drinks and had a blood clot.

Last edited by overpass: 02-15-2011 at 04:34 PM.
overpass is offline   Reply With Quote