View Single Post
Old
02-15-2011, 03:56 PM
johnjm22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
As to when to make a move goes I am one of those people who feel that we are still a year, maybe two away from being ready to make a seven or maybe even eight year run at being legitimate contenders and the reason that I feel this way is the manner in which our team is/has been being built.

We hang onto our most talented prospects/picks and draft with an insane amount of accuracy and develop NHL players out of them. We have had our misses but they don't come close to the amount of gold we have found and this is why we are so close to success in my opinion.

Up front next year we will have a young Schenn who is going to continue to develop into an exceptional top six player for us. We have Kozun, Moller, Toffoli Kitsyn and Vey who are all NHL caliber young players and will be ready within the next year or two to prove themselves.

We are overloaded on the blue line and giving the kids this season to develop also allows us the ability to move one of our veteran D if we decide to do so. Muzzin, Voynov and Hickey are all NHL ready but bring different things to the table and in a couple of seasons Forbort and Deslauriers will be ready too.

We have built and are building a pipeline for talented players to consistently come up and fill the holes that develop as time goes on. We just aren't at the place where we can do so right now. Its like taking cookies out of the oven cause your hungry instead of waiting until their done and will be the best, its always better to wait it just isn't easy.

After over 40 years of struggling for doing exactly what some of us want to do now (dealing away picks and prospects for "proven" players) can't we wait another season or two to see this rebuild through?

I know we were all told it would be well on its way to gold by now and some of us aren't satisfied and arguably so but it isn't an exact science and we are just so darn close that I would hate to see us deal away first round picks and or talented kids in the hopes that we will be getting a star player in return, it can happen but it is a pretty rare thing.
So if right now Lou offered Dean is signed Parise for Schenn, Bernier, and Voynov you wouldn't want him to do it?

I'm only against most of the proposed deals because they're for players that wont make a difference (Versteeg, Booth ect). But if we can get a legit young top line talent, that improves the team now, and in the future, then I'm all for it.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote