View Single Post
Old
02-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Jesus Toews*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideaucrusher21 View Post
awful awful deal for the sharks.

Odd, but Heatley is very under-rated on hf boards.

Sharks leader in points this year, big frame, great hockey IQ, soft hands, heavy shot, plays on the PK...

and you want to trade said player for a borderline top 4 defenseman and SERGEI FREAKING KOSTITSYN??!?!?!
never mind throwing in a solid, young top 4 dman and a 1st round pick..

jeeez, what an awful trade.
I hate to be that guy but saying Heatley has a great hockey IQ pretty much destroys your credibilty right there, duder.

My motivation for the trade was looking at who's expendable in the Sharks organization but still has some value to net the two pieces the Sharks need going forward: more speed in the top six and puck movement from the blueline. Getting rid of Heatley and Vlasic is addition by subtraction on both accounts but being able to add a really underrated young blueliner in Cody Franson who, unlike Vlasic, is a true two-way guy who is good with the first pass while also replacing Heater's spot in the lineup with a speed demon in SK (would have requested Hornqvist if I had known this deal would have been laughed at for seemingly being lopsided in the Preds' favor...which I don't think it is) is pretty much ideal. A lot of Sharks fans are really underrating the value of a declining, slow, unmotivated forward on a terrible contract.

Jesus Toews* is offline   Reply With Quote