View Single Post
Old
02-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
I watch him play almost every home game and I was in attendance for both beanpot games. He's not ready yet. He definitely needs work on his stick handling. He also needs to bulk up a bit. Lately he's been able to body up better against opposing players however earlier on in the season he seemed kind of content with not being physical. If there is one thing about Torts, it's that he wants all of his players to be physical on the forecheck. Also, Kreider disappears at times. Some games he's very noticeable, some games he's invisible. I don't know if it's due to a lack of effort on occasion or what, but it happens. He needs to work on his consistency if he wants to be successful in the NHL.

Aside from that, he will be a great addition alongside Gaborik, as he can match his speed, and also on the penalty kill.

For my sake I hope he stays in BC next year. I don't think he'll make the NHL and having him play in the AHL instead of here at BC would suck. We'd lose a top player, the Rangers wouldn't even be using him, i'd just be disappointed.

We have a few seniors coming off so maybe that will help the cause for those who want him to come out of college (at least I know that the starting goalie is a sr and the back up is just disgraceful). If he does, I do not believe that he'll make the team out of camp next year. He's an incredible talent though.
Isn't he at 220 already? Which if true, is incredible at that age. I read he trains like a man possessed.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote