Thread: Proposal: Nashville/San Jose
View Single Post
Old
02-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstyles View Post
I hate to be that guy but saying Heatley has a great hockey IQ pretty much destroys your credibilty right there, duder.

My motivation for the trade was looking at who's expendable in the Sharks organization but still has some value to net the two pieces the Sharks need going forward: more speed in the top six and puck movement from the blueline. Getting rid of Heatley and Vlasic is addition by subtraction on both accounts but being able to add a really underrated young blueliner in Cody Franson who, unlike Vlasic, is a true two-way guy who is good with the first pass while also replacing Heater's spot in the lineup with a speed demon in SK (would have requested Hornqvist if I had known this deal would have been laughed at for seemingly being lopsided in the Preds' favor...which I don't think it is) is pretty much ideal. A lot of Sharks fans are really underrating the value of a declining, slow, unmotivated forward on a terrible contract.
Your view of removing Vlasic being addition by subtraction means you shouldn't be talking about anyone's credibility.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote