View Single Post
Old
02-15-2011, 10:00 PM
John Torturella

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
I didn't say he wouldn't make a positive impact on the team. He's not at full potential yet. He really has to refine his skills before he becomes the type of player everyone on this board wants him to be. Sure, he can come in next year, halfway through, and make some sort of impact... However, he definitely needs to work on consistently making an impact, stick handling, and bulking up. Until then, he won't live up to the NHL expectations that so many people on this board have of him.

If he really improves those area's of weakness, he'll easily be one of the best players for the Rangers. He's not there yet.

Torts can think that he's ready to play and then just as easily send him down to the minors and watch him rot down there. Torts thought Del Zotto could make an impact too.
What 20 year old steps in and immediately reaches full potential? Obviously he is gonna take time to develop and reach his ceiling. I would rather him develop his game at the NHL or AHL level than in the NCAA where theyre only playing 40 games or so. As far as I have seen, he is ready to make the jump to the NHL.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote