View Single Post
Old
02-16-2011, 02:28 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
the other thing about Sauer and McD is that they play solid defensive games. They could total 10 points combined and still play a great game and no one would harshly criticized them for it because they'd have "played their game" MDZ plays for less than 10 points AND plays bad D? Well, not only is he a liability, he's not even "playing his game" by playing/running the PP and putting up the points. Even if he totals 10 points and plays a defensively solid game, people will complain because that isn't the game he's supposed to play - that is to say, that's not the type of game we are expecting him to play. I just want to see him do whatever it is he needs to do to get where we all think he can get to. He's not gonna be Scott Neidermeyer anytime soon, but I think even a Tom Poti performance would be showing positive signs of progress.
Tom Poti had 21 points in 38 games for BU when he was 20, Del Z had 37 points for the NYR's at 20.

BTW, Leetch's 2nd season he scored less points, was -18 and broke his ankle two weeks before the playoffs, I've seen rough sophomore seasons

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote