View Single Post
Old
02-16-2011, 05:22 AM
Chris 84

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Coyotes fan here hoping to slink in, make a couple of observations, and slink out.

Since returning from his rib injury, Roszival has been very impressive in the desert. He's aggressive in his own zone; willing to use his body to block shots; and demonstrates solid positioning to make up for his lack of speed.

The big problem for PHX before Roszival arrived was that veteran presence who could still bang some bodies in front of the net and kill penalties. He's not Z Michalek, but he fills that role better than anyone we already had here.

Initially I was skeptical about dealing Wolski for him. But so far I'm pleased with the deal. Roszival has certainly filled a much-needed role here. 1st pairing, 2nd pairing, 3rd pairing is irrelevant here. Tippett rolls based on matchups. And with Wolski gone it's opened up opportunities for Turris and Boedker to see more action.

Ultimately I think it will prove a good deal for both teams.

Last point: Roszival's $5M cap hit is a non-issue in PHX. His actual salary of $3M in 2011-12 is what's relative here. Is he a D-man worth $3M a year? So far, he looks like a pretty good value at that price.
Good to hear he's started well. He's easily worth $3M. Hope he keeps it up.

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote