View Single Post
Old
02-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Torts can think that he's ready to play and then just as easily send him down to the minors and watch him rot down there. Torts thought Del Zotto could make an impact too.
Playing in the AHL isn't a bad thing at all and it isn't sentencing someone to rot.

It's a better league than any of the NCAA leagues, it would teach him how to play against professionals, deal with a pro schedule, play within and against pro systems (basically how to be a professional and not just a college player).

College doesn't magically make Kreider 100% ready to go for the NHL even if he spends all 4 years there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
The kid has dominated at the last two WJC's against the world's elite
No he hasn't. He has played very well and showed promise but he really didn't dominate. He would have had a ton of points if he dominated.

Quote:
Three left wings are probably gone next season -- Frolov, Fedotenko and Prospal...with Avery a possibility.
Yes but the LW depth chart still includes Wolski, Dubinsky, Zucarello, etc.

Quote:
I don't care if he goes to the AHL. He won't be there long. But I as much as it pains me to root for B.C., I pray they win another title.
Kind of doubt it'll make a huge impact...he already won a title with them. Sure another one is great but it's not like he's realistically going to feel like there's serious unfinished business if BC doesn't win again this year.

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote