View Single Post
02-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Join Date: Sep 2002
Originally Posted by
I think it's a confluence of things that have led to the better performance:
1) Rivet being put down on a permanent basis.
2) Butler playing only sporadically.
3) Weber's emergence.
4) Morrisonn adjusting to his teammates and ridding himself of his groin injury that he had early in the season.
5) No Lalime starts, whatsoever, since Roy went down, which means more Miller starts, which means more wins.
6) Guys like Pominville and Vanek playing the way they should've been since the start of the season.
And it could go on. I think it's too simple to just attribute the better record to Roy being out. The only place I think one can make a legitimate argument that Roy's absence is a plus would be on the PP. It has looked more fluid since they started running the PP through different players. But that's a reason to put Roy on the 2nd PP unit, not get rid of him.
in reality, i dont think we should get rid of Roy. I think his role should be reduced, ice time reduced, etc.
obviously we have no depth to part with Roy...
Roy for Vermette and Brassard?
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Jame