Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Brendon Nash called-up (Sent back down)
View Single Post
Old
02-16-2011, 01:14 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
I thought considering Nash played with Weber all game, he playd very solid. I was very happy with what I saw, and I think Montreal has a hidden gem in the system named Nash. I think hes gonna be an NHLer, didn't look out of place.
I agree completely. I haven't been as impressed with a rookie since we called up Subban for the playoffs.

He isn't as exciting as PK is don't get me wrong, but for his first NHL game, he showed a lot of patience with the puck, made nice passes, got shots in on net, was responsible. He didn't look nearly as out of place as Weber did during his first couple call ups.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he's the next Pronger, but he's definitely going to be an NHLer, maybe even sooner than expected. We'll need to see games against tougher opponents to know for sure but he played surprisingly well for a rookie 1st game up.

When it's somebodies first game if they make several mistakes but at least do 2-3 good things, imo usually that's a good thing.

He did the opposite, made few mistakes (if any, I missed a small portion of the game but didn't catch any) and did several things very well.

Hidden gem? Could it be yet another hidden gem?

If all these guys end up NHL players then the habs are definitely doing something right with regard to development and scouting.

Our management seems to find a perfect fit every time with our AHL club too in terms of coaching etc.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote