View Single Post
Old
02-16-2011, 03:02 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Dreams View Post
I actually wanted to make a whole thread about this, but MacArthur for Goligoski?

Pittsburgh gets of the best 'bang-for-the-buck' wingers out there, and as an RFA, the security to re-sign him for a reasonable amount, and Toronto gets a top-four puckmover in anticipation of a Kaberle trade. Goligoski is also on a sweetheart deal, at 1.8m for another year, then RFA.

With the trade of Beauchemin, our only other 30+ guy in Kaberle would be out for a guy who's more along our team's average age going forward, at 25-26.

Although now that Versteeg is out I'd be much more hesitant to trade MacArthur. Kessel, Grabovski, Lupul and Kulemin would then be our only real top-six forwards going into next year.
I would consider this but would ultimately reject. Value-wise theyre about equal but, like others have stated, Mac has fit really well in Toronto. He's definitely a building block towards the future and I don't think it would be wise to deal recently signed assets for reasons like worrying about whether a player may regress following a new contract deal

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote