Thread: Line Combos: The full forward healthy line-up.
View Single Post
Old
02-16-2011, 08:32 PM
boomboommax

vCash: 500
Optimal Lines for February

Here's what I would do with the lines when Cammy is back and why...

1st Line. Cammaleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn.

First, Cammaleri needs to get going, the sooner the better and Gomez is not the spark he needs... Second, if we are to trade AK46, we need to get him going if we are to get any value in return and he clearly has more chemistry with Plex. Furthermore, that line was simply amazing early on this year.

2nd Line. Pacciorety-Gomez-Gionta.

Gomez needs to get going, asap and #21 and #67 have great chemistry together. #11 did really good with these guys when Max Pac got called up. Also, more and more, I find Max to be more than just a PF... He is actually a more than decent playmaker which will take away some pressure on Gomez to feed the puck for everybody.

3rd Line. Pouliot-Desharnais-White.

Do I need to explain? Don't change something that is working... I know some will say I'm breaking up the 1st line, but it is not Like Plekanec can't get it done with just about anyone.

4th Line. Moen-Halpern-Darche.

Dump and chase... Hit the opposing defender relentlessly... Win FO's and battles along the boards... Etc. What a 4th line should do.

+++

Anyhow, I find it hard to imagine such a lineup couldn't get it done at both end of the ice... As for the PP, I had a few ideas.

21-11-67
76-20

Gomez has been pretty good on the PP this year and I think that giving him the first wave is a good way to get his confidence back.

58-14-52
68-13

The second one might seem a little crazy but I figured it could an interesting experiment... This would be more like an umbrella with Darche parked in the crease and Webber almost dead middle on the blue line. I find DD to be especially good at feeding the puck from left half board. Plex and Cammaleri could cycle the other half board if need be... The key to this is Webber and Cammy putting one timers on net while Darche screens.

Let me know what you think!
Cheers

boomboommax is offline   Reply With Quote