View Single Post
Old
02-16-2011, 09:11 PM
stavs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Compare Subban's +/- with other Habs defensemen and consider how Martin uses him. +/- is a team stat that means very little as it depends on matchups and who is on the ice with you.

Spacek +8 (he's VERY sheltered, being our second worse defensemen)
Weber +5 (sheltered, little ice time)
Picard +3 (worse Habs defensemen, very sheltered, plays little minutes rarely)
Markov +2 (best habs D, only played a few games)
Hamrlik +1
Wisniewski -1 (since he joined the Habs)
Gorges -3 (best habs defensive D)
Subban -3
Gill -8 (best habs shut down D)

See? It makes very little sense if we assume +/- is directly related to defensive ability (Subban IS better defensively than a lot of these guys, especially the top3 in +/-, ironically!). Martin matches his defensemen carefully and Subban often gets the most difficult assignements and lots of tough 5 on 5 minutes. He played most games paired with Gill (shut down pairing) and Picard (subban had to save his sorry ass every game), btw.

Its not even close offensively btw. Subban is in another league, he produces points over twice as fast as than Schenn and always has (wether in the NHL or in juniors). Ask Subban to play stay at home D and he'd be a brute (ask Crosby, who couldn't score a goal when he was on the ice in the playoffs.. and they were often on the ice at the same time!)
LOL EVERY D MAN ON THE LEAFS IS A MINUS EXCEPT SCHENN, DOES THAT MAKE MORE SENSE FOR YOU??? LOL

And why would i care about what they do offensively, I know schenn isnt as talented offensively, but he is a much better defensive defensemen who will PREVENT goals from going in. That to me is just as valuable as getting points

stavs is offline   Reply With Quote