View Single Post
Old
02-15-2011, 04:50 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBC9400 View Post
This guy looks like he has made some progress down in CT. I used to follow Sauer when he was in Hartford and every year his +/- got better and better throughout the season and year by year. Valentenko started the year off slow, like McDonagh, adapting to the game-play. I remember at one point, while CT was probably doing pretty bad as well, Valentenko was a -7. Now he is at +10. After all the previous success that our kids have had plugging holes, why not give this kid a shot in Eminger's place? At least while DZ is down in CT where he should be at this point this season and if Eminger is just going to be a dressed body. He has a cannon, from what his scouting report said when he was in the running to make the team this off-season. We could plug him up here for a few games, check him out, give him a shot on the PP and see if he can get his shot through. Its only worth a shot if we are not going to acquire one of the bigger names at the deadline though. I know he is not a legitimate offensive defensmen but we could definitely use a shot back there. He isn't known as a defensive guy only neither.
I'm a big fan of Valentenko. I am really hoping he stays another season as I thought he was NHL ready this season. His snarl and physicality is awesome on the back-end and he is not afraid to just rip shots from the point which is something this team does not have.

Hopefully someone is telling him he is a part of this teams future so that he doesnt run back to Russia because I think he can be a solid NHL defenseman.