View Single Post
Old
02-17-2011, 07:34 AM
DUHockey9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Villa View Post
Baffles me too.

Especially with the addition of Steeger now (good two way guy).

Richie has been punished with poor wings all year compared to Briere or Cartz/Roo, so why is a line of Steeg/Richie/Zherdev not a good line?

You have two way players in Richie & Steeg, and Zherdev puts em up.

It's obvious the coach has a stiffy for Nodl, which is fine, but I really don't get the idea of leaving a goalscorer out of the line up. As the guys have said, Shelley in for Leino against Florida?!?

Lavi is clearly a great coach, but I get the feeling he is putting personal opinion over what is good for the team on this thing with Zherdev.

AGAINST SKILL TEAMS
Steeg-Richie-Z
H-B-L
VR-Cartz-Roo
Betts-Pow Pow-Nodl
Shelley
Car Bomb

AGAINST PHYSICAL TEAMS
Steeg-Richie-Z
H-B-L
VR-Cartz-Roo
Betts-Pow Pow-Shelley
Nodl
Car Bomb

Come on Lavi.................
I'm not really a huge Nodl fan but the guy's earned his playing time and deserves to be on the ice. Ideally he should be on the 4th line, if that means Zherdev has to sit, so be it. I like your lineup except against a physical team I swap Nodl in at Zherdev's spot. Aside from killing some offense at times, Nodl skates well, hits, and plays solid D. Those guys almost always deserve to be in the lineup.

Nodl = low risk, low reward
Zherdev = high risk, high reward

With the amount of skill on this team, we don't really need the "high reward", and therefore it's not worth the risk IMO.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote