View Single Post
Old
10-10-2003, 08:32 PM
calgarylen13

vCash: 500
Everyone was a generalization, i didn't specifically mean absolutely every single poster on the board. It just frustrates me to see that the same problems is what is causing the Flames to choke. To me, the most important part of the game is Goaltending, and if you have good goaltending you can build from there. Unfortunately we have not had that for a very long time.
I'm not too sure about Sabourin, so i will not comment there, but when talking of Krahn, i think he should be starting in the NHL. No better way to learn than going straight in, even if he struggles for a few seasons, at least we know he'll get better. With Turek, it seems that he never changes...sure he had a good season for St. Louis, but taking into consideration the awesome defence in front of him, and his poor post season with the Blues, you have to wonder if he ever really was that good, or was he always the same inconsistent goaltender in disguise?
However, i do think more time in the minors would benefit Krahn more then sending him straight in, I just reckon we need someone to be a decent goaltender, and to say that backup goaltending could do with an upgrade, is a good laugh as it seems clear goaltending in general at the Flames could do with a liquidation sale and starting fresh. (keep Krahn thats it)