Its simple:

Boyle to wing.

Trade Christensen.

Buy-out Drury.

Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik
Boyle-Anismov-Callahan
Wolski-Stepan-MZA
Prust-Newbury-Avery/Boogaard

Boyle should be a wing as he progresses anyways. Straight ahead, hit everything and use his size along the wall. Talk about size on the left wing:

Dubinsky 6'1
Boyle 6'7
Wolski 6'3

Use the 2nd line as a shut-down/match-up line. 2 offensive lines in the 1st and 3rd. 4th line will hit, create energy and havoc.

Obviously this means no young players make the team on offense at the start of the season.
I agree with everything but Boyle, on a championship caliber team like pit,chi,det Brian Boyle is not a second liner not even a thought he's a fourth line player, third at best. The guys played great this season there's no doubting it but he is NOT a top six guy on any good team by any stretch. He's a 3/4 guy that kills penalties and occasionally gets pp minutes. I agree Boyle is probably best suited for the wing but with prust and one of boogaard/Avery he's going to be a fourth line C IMO. And that's not because I think kreider or hagelin will be a second line lw its because he's not a second line player on any other good team.
Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik
Wolski-Anismov-Callahan
Kreider/hagelin/surprise?-Stepan-MZA
Prust-Boyle-Avery/Boogaard/newbury
That's just how I see it.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote