Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Kris Newbury Recalled
View Single Post
Old
02-17-2011, 03:42 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
I agree with everything but Boyle, on a championship caliber team like pit,chi,det Brian Boyle is not a second liner not even a thought he's a fourth line player, third at best. The guys played great this season there's no doubting it but he is NOT a top six guy on any good team by any stretch. He's a 3/4 guy that kills penalties and occasionally gets pp minutes. I agree Boyle is probably best suited for the wing but with prust and one of boogaard/Avery he's going to be a fourth line C IMO. And that's not because I think kreider or hagelin will be a second line lw its because he's not a second line player on any other good team.
Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik
Wolski-Anismov-Callahan
Kreider/hagelin/surprise?-Stepan-MZA
Prust-Boyle-Avery/Boogaard/newbury
That's just how I see it.

Considering Boyle is tied for the lead in goals this season, playing him on the 4th line would be a terrible decision. If he isn't getting 13-16 minutes a night regularly next season then Torts isnt doing his job. Defensively he is one of the best forwards on the team.

Thats why I put him on a line with Callahan and Anisimov. Those 2nd and 3rd lines can be interchanged depending on the competition and how the lines are playing. All 3 of them will get PK time as well.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote