View Single Post
Old
10-10-2003, 09:35 PM
kenabnrmal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL
1. CuJo has won many playoff series. Burke has not. CuJo has broken 30 wins 6 times (with 29 wins 3 more times), Burke has done it once. Basically, you can take regular season stats from one year and try to make your point, but the whole point of acquiring a goalie is to win playoff games. Burke has proven that he cannot win in the playoffs. CuJo can.

2. You keep ducking me. Stop being a coward. I want you to cite an article with a quote from one of the two GMs that specifically says that Boston offered a #1. Either cite that article or retract your claim and admit you made it up.

I am not going to back down on this. Stop being a coward.

--
KL
Actually, anyone who's followed Burke's career a bit knows that he's basically had two careers. Pre-Allaire, and Post-Allaire. Burke was an entirely different goalie before he came to Phoenix, with a different technique. Since he's joined the Yotes he hasn't had the support to be a playoff winner. Its fine to say he hasn't proved himself in the playoffs, but he hasn't proved he cannot win in the playoffs, as he hasn't had a true chance to do so since he's become a complete goaltender.

As for comparisons to Joseph...I'd put Burke as an equal since he's been with Phoenix. I don't have the stats handy, but he's performed at least as well. Calling Joseph a backup is utterly and completely laughable. The fact is that the guy is still easily one of the 10 best goalies in the league, maybe better. He hasn't proven himself in the playoffs, sure. But he certainly isn't a backup.