View Single Post
Old
02-18-2011, 12:34 PM
DjsIzzy

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DjsIzzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
So looks like the girlfriend and I will be getting a 3PMish Lunch/Dinner (Linner?). Any good recommendations that may be fairly close to the arena. I think our goal today is to walk around, take in the nice weather that we haven't seen in NJ for a while, and see what places we can find until dinner/the game.
Unfortunately, there isn't a ton around the arena itself. If you're looking to go downtown there are some decent places to eat, depending on how much you want to spend. If you're up for some NC BBQ then there is a place called the pit which I highly recommend. Its a little more expensive (at least by Raleigh standards), but their lunch menu is very reasonable, if they are still serving lunch at 3.

There is a sports bar down on glenwood south called Hi-5, where everything on the menu is $5.00. It's pretty good bar food and they have a great beer selection. Don't be deceived though, if you're really hungry, most things don't come with a side. I would recommend the nachos from the app menu, lot of food for $5.00.

EDIT: I should also mentioned that the RBC Center is supposed to have excellent BBQ as well. I haven't ever tried it, but I hear a lot of great things. Just something to keep in mind.

DjsIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote