Matt Gilroy is last in the NHL in...
View Single Post
02-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Join Date: Feb 2002
Originally Posted by
these people jumping on gilroy like he's been completely horrible are so ridiculous. yeah, he's not the star we all hoped he would be, but he's been a solid 3rd line defeseman and clearly has the potential to learn the NHL game a little bit more. i wouldn't care too much if he ended up getting traded simply because we have so much depth at defense, but the guy hasn't been that bad and has been definitely been better than MDZ.
1) I don't know whoever thought he was going to be a star, let alone said as much.
2) He's been a serviceable third line defenseman. Not a solid one.
3) While I don't think anyone thought he would be a star, I do think that people expected more than a serviceable third pairing defenseman who does not provide, create or add offense.
4) I can't and won't defend the way Del Zotto has played this year but the fact remains that he's 6 years younger than Gilroy and last year had more points than Gilroy has career points.
5) "He's been better than Del Zotto" is hardly an endorsement.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by SingnBluesOnBroadway