View Single Post
Old
10-11-2003, 02:32 AM
Vlad The Impaler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac
As the Wild. This team has less talent than us yet still manages to get the job done on both ends of the ice, without their franchise player too. I look around the league and see teams holding youngsters in the lineup that make an impact. Yet somehow, Montreal prospects always seem to take longer, perform worse than ones they're more highly touted than and I still see bum veterans in the lineup. Look, Minny is young, Edmonton too and they seem fine. It's not time for people to lay off how this team needs to perform better until it is younger and can't be at fault. Let the core grow together, some more good players will be added in. Hey, with guys in the future such as Komi, Hainsey, Perezhogin, Katstitsyn, Garon, Hossa, Ribeiro, Ryder, Ward, Locke, Urquhart, Balej, Ferland, Milroy, Laparriere, maybe more one day. It would take a whole helluva lot for this not to turn into a promising situation one day. The sad part is; take any of our prospects and stick him on the Wild or any up-and-coming team and they'll succeed. We need to breed a more positive environment. The only vets who SHOULD stay past this year (players 26 and over) IMO, are Koivu, Bulis (he is 26 I believe), Zednik, Langdon (short-term goon), Kilger (useless offensively but good for toughness), Souray, Sundstrom, Rivet and that's about it. We'll have to move Perreault, Audette, Juneau, Dackell, Brisebois, Dykhuis, Tracerse and maybe Quintal, though he is good for a year of leadership. A handful of over-30s is good, but it should be mostly young. Ugh, A. Savard's tactics were better than Houle but still were not what this team needed.
It is a myth that the Wild are that young. Last year, they were one of the oldest team I believe. Older than many of their opponents.

It's not the age of the players. It's about commitment (players) and a system (coaching).