View Single Post
Old
02-19-2011, 11:43 PM
jaywills1020

vCash: 500
Are we nuts? Rentals, Gaborik etc

As any New Yorker I have no patience and want to win NOW. At the same time we have to understand that this is a process that takes years not days. That being said, why is everyone coming up with all these crazy posts?
1. Trade Gaborik? The guy is an elite player even if he is having an off year. Someone said that players are faster then ever and Gaborik cant keep up. You guys make it sound like hes 40. Give him someone to play with. NOBODY on this team is anywhere close to being in his league. If you want to trade Gaborik you better be getting a Gaborik caliber player in return not a 2nd a 3rd and Schenn.
2. Rentals. Forget about it. If you get knocked out in the first round its like not making the playoffs at all. This team is NOT a CUP contender and 1 guy is not going to make a difference. Why would you trade picks, prospects for a guy thats going to be here for 2 or 3 months and isnt going to put us over the top.
3. The core. I love Callahan, Dubinsky etc BUT they arent guys that we should be building around. Gaborik, Staal and Lundqvist are the guys you build around. 2 elite players and 1 on his way to being elite.

I just dont understand why everyone is so negative about this team and feels like we have to shake things up. Play it like it is, keep drafting and developing, and let time tell. Look at the past 3 cup winning teams.
Chicago-Kane, Toews, Keith
Pittsburgh-Crosby, Malkin, Fleury
Detroit-Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg
Theres a pattern here. All homegrown players drafted and developed by their respective teams.
Rant over.