View Single Post
Old
02-19-2011, 11:46 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

vCash: 500
My guess on Suter is concussion. Hopefully I'm wrong.

It's a shame that we really can't afford to let Pekka have an off night. It's also a shame that any sense of urgency was absent until the 1 minute mark of the third.

When our offense dries up, you don't necessarily see a lack of forecheck...it's what happens on the forecheck. Endless cycling, guys getting stuck behind the net with no one supporting the puck, pucks dumped to areas where there's nothing but opposing players. Part of the problem is the lines right now...putting Wilson with Smithson and Ward only creates a line that has neither offense nor defense. Similar with putting Spaling on the line he's on.

Couldn't really participate in the "ref you suck" chant after the disallowed goal. Shame for Fisher, because he and SK did everything they were supposed to...from that aspect, the goal was perfect. The call was also perfect, because SOB took an idiotic penalty to nullify it. Just totally uncalled for.

Fisher had the tying goal on his stick two times after that, just didn't quite happen for him. I feel bad for him at the moment because his compete level is just steps above everyone elses(outside of maybe Hornqvist and SK). I hope he doesn't catch the "no big deal" that's going around the locker room right now.

When exactly was the last time we won two games in a row? Before the ASG? The ONLY silver lining is that the Kings and Ducks lost games they should have won, and Dallas is losing to Vancouver. The flipside to that is that we failed to put some ground behind us. Factoring in OT and SO losses, we're now 14 and 13 at home. With the bulk of our games remaining, that's a little worrisome. Simply going 500 at home for the rest of the season likely means we miss the playoffs.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote