View Single Post
Old
02-20-2011, 06:17 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK74 Snipes View Post
Trotz didn't seem to think so. If we could could have played the way we did in the third the whole game then we could have easily won. He obviously didn't cost us the entire game but taking a Stupid penalty (which hes known to do) stopped us from having a 3-2 game with a lot of time left and a lot of momentum. So maybe it didn't cost us the game but I think it played a pretty big role. And him holding up a white towel I don't really agree with either considering it was pretty blatant. I love the way he plays he plays hard and with a lot of passion but you just can't take those kinds of penalties.
There's two problems with this statement. If we could have is one which leads to we didn't play a full 60 minutes. If the coach didn't think we played that poorly then he needs his head examined. Phoenix plays a stifling defensive game, much like we do but it wasn't until the end of the game where we started skating and until the very end where we started checking. The game is 60 minutes long, we played for about 10 or so. Big problem there to me.

Just because we could've gotten the game to 3-2 doesn't mean we win. The game from that point on has changed. Maybe we tie it up, maybe we don't. He also cleared a path for Fisher with his penalty so possibly if he doesn't do that, Fisher doesn't get the shot he gets off and it's still 3-1. We'll never know.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote